The New Year is a time for hope, happiness and celebrations. Visit the Santa Ynez Valley invites you to celebrate the good life in our charming communities. With New Year’s Day on a Sunday this year, we encourage you to take a relaxing weekend vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley. Explore our quaint towns of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang, take in a Santa Ynez Valley wine tour, and festively celebrate the New Year.
Happy New Year from Visit the Santa Ynez Valley!
New Year’s Eve Activities in the Santa Ynez Valley
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party: Saturday, December 31 at the Chumash Casino Resort in Santa Ynez. Ring in the New Year with a fun and funky New Year’s Eve Dance Party! Boogie down and count down to 2017 during a fun-filled flashback concert, featuring 70s disco tribute band “Boogie Knights” and totally awesome 80s band “The Spazmatics.” It’s the perfect way to celebrate New Year’s Eve and it’s all free with a Club Indulge Card.
- New Year’s Eve Festivities: Saturday, December 31, celebrate New Year’s across the country at The Good Life in Solvang, a retail shop and bar specializing in California Craft Beer and small production wines from Santa Barbara to Paso Robles. They will be open from noon until 11:00 p.m., beginning with “East Coast” New Year’s Festivities at 7 pm. The cost is $40/person.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at Ballard Inn and Restaurant: Ballard Inn and Restaurant will be serving a five-course dinner at 6:00 and 9:00 p.m. Call ahead of time at 800-638-2466 to guarantee a table!
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at S.Y. Kitchen: S.Y. Kitchen will also be serving a special New Year’s Eve menu from 5pm to closing. Pricing ranges from $18 – $40 for specials with optional wine pairings curated by Sommelier Emily Johnston available by the glass or bottle. The holiday menu items will be offered à la carte and are meant to be enjoyed alongside other seasonal offerings and signature dishes from S.Y. Kitchen’s dinner menu. Call ahead for reservations at (805) 691-9794 and preview the menu here.
- New Year’s at the Maverick Saloon: The Maverick Saloon in Santa Ynez, established in 1963, is one of the last original, thriving California honky-tonk saloons. Tucked away in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, the Maverick gives locals and visitors a taste of the Old West and makes everyone feel at home. The minute you step on the front porch you will see the history in the walls constructed from old barns, hear the live music coming from the stage, and feel the spirit of the people who’ve been welcomed through its doors by the signed dollar bills left on the ceiling – proof they were once lucky enough to have been there! Stop in New Year’s Eve for the fabulous Soul Cats, complimentary champagne, party hats and more. $10/per person or $15/per couple.
- New Year’s Eve Champagne Party: December 31 from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. at the Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang. Celebrate New Year’s Eve on east coast time before heading out for your west coast party! Countdown at 9pm with Champagne toast. Party goes until 10pm with drink specials and lots of fun!
- New Years’ Eve at Rideau Vineyards: Visit this charming tasting room and winery in Solvang for a singular wine tasting experience. Surrounded by vineyards planted in 1998, lush grounds, beautiful gardens, and majestic oak trees, the bucolic site immediately transports you back to feelings of old world French Victorian New Orleans. Party Saturday, December 31 at 1:00 p.m. Includes BBQ pop-up and live music featuring The Burning James Trio.
New Year’s Day in the Santa Ynez Valley
After the partying, start off the New Year on the right foot with a stop at Bob’s Well Bread Bakery in Los Alamos. They’re open on New Year’s Day, but visit early in the day for the absolute best selection and lovely aromas of bread and pastry fresh from the oven. Pastries are out by 7am. Breads start at 7am, and continue to come out until mid-morning. It’s well worth the drive – or the post-celebratory crawl – Travel + Leisure Magazine recently named Bob’s as one of the Top 15 Amazing Small Town Bakeries in the United States.
Interested in brunch? The Vineyard House in Santa Ynez will ring in the New Year with a brunch menu and dinner on New Year’s Day. The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott and Root 246 are also open for breakfast on New Year’s Day.
Wine making is an art in the Santa Ynez Valley, and wine tasting makes the perfect way to continue your New Year’s celebrations. Take advantage of The Winter Pass through January 31, 2017, and enjoy 14 Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association winery tasting rooms for just $40.
These Santa Ynez Valley wineries will be open on New Year’s Day:
- Casa Cassara Winery and Vineyard: 12pm-6pm
- Caravintas: 12pm – 7pm
- Casa Dumetz: 12pm – 5pm
- Kaena: 11am – 5pm
- Lincourt Vineyards: 10am-5pm
- Lucas & Lewellen Vineyards: 10am-5pm
- Toccata Tasting Room: 10am – 5pm
- Vincent Vineyards & Winery: 12pm – 5pm
You can also click here to view Holiday Hours for tasting rooms throughout Santa Barbara Wine Country.
If shrub cocktails are more your style, head over to Mad & Vin at The Landsby in Solvang. The Mad & Vin bar will be open at noon New Year’s Day for lunch and cocktails and will serve dinner in the restaurant from 5 pm – 9 pm.
Looking for a little adventure on the first day of the new year? Vino Vaqueros Horseback Riding is open New Year’s Day and will have a s’mores bar for riders to enjoy by the fire after their ride. Call (805) 944-0493 to book your appointment.
Once you’ve experienced a New Year in the Santa Ynez Valley, you’ll want to keep coming back again and again. We have plenty of restaurants, hotels, things to do and outdoor activities to keep you and your family entertained year-round. Check back with Visit Santa Ynez Valley frequently for great ideas on restaurants in the Santa Ynez Valley, special wine tasting opportunities, and hotel discounts and packages, or sign up for our newsletter and we will notify you as soon as we have details of upcoming events.
Make the Santa Ynez Valley your destination choice for family weekends, romantic weekends, and year-round fun. We look forward to showing you just big our small towns can be.
Stop by our website at VisitSYV.com to review our complete listing of things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Ynez Valley restaurants, and Santa Ynez hotels and inns, or check out our suggestions below for special New Year events. We are thrilled to share the spirit of the holiday season with visitors to our area.
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.