Where is the Santa Ynez Valley:
Get Santa Ynez Directions Here
Discover the enchanting Santa Ynez Valley with ease. Find your way to this picturesque destination with our helpful directions.
Located In Santa Barbara County
The Santa Ynez Valley is located in northern Santa Barbara County, California, the Santa Ynez Valley is just 35 miles from the beaches of Santa Barbara, 125 miles up the coast from Los Angeles and 300 miles south of San Francisco.
The region is easily accessible via U.S. Highway 101 and State Highways 154 & 246.
BY AIR (Nearest Airports)
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA): 30 miles south, 805.967.7111
Santa Maria Public Airport (SMX): approx. 35 miles north, 805.922.1726
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): approx. 125 miles south (allow at least 2-3 hours drive time from LAX due to traffic), 310.646.5252
Santa Ynez Airport (IZA): for private aircraft landings. 900 Airport Road, 805.688.8390
Central Coast Shuttle Services: (to LAX) : 800.470.8818
What to Pack for the Santa Ynez Valley Visit
Layers, layers, layers. Warm, sometimes downright hot sunny days and refreshingly cool mornings and evenings demand lightweight jackets or sweaters to put on and take off accordingly.
Comfortable shoes are essential as you explore the rows of vines and stroll downtown for shopping time. Top off your look with a hat to keep you cool; remember those hot sunny days we mentioned?
Keep your reusable water bottle on hand because the sun + wine tasting + walking (a lot) = dehydration.
Unless it’s a wedding, no suits or ties required in the casual comfort of the SYV.
- Weather Stats: Average annual temperatures range from 76 F/32 C to 54 F/12 C. Summer highs 80-90 F and winter lows to 40 F. August is typically the warmest month and December the coolest. Average seasonal rainfall is 9-17 inches. February is typically the wettest month.
- Economy: Agriculture, ranching, the equine industry, and tourism drive the SYV economy.
- Emergency Services: Dial 911 to reach police, fire or ambulance at any time.
- EV Charging Stations: Found throughout downtown Solvang and the Chumash Casino. SYV Marriott in Buellton has Tesla EV Super Chargers.
- Parking: Free throughout the Valley. Free daytime RV parking at the Solvang Veterans Memorial Hall lot, 1745 Mission Drive.
- Population: Approximately 20,000 throughout the six communities of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Solvang and Santa Ynez.
- Visitor Centers: Buellton Visitors Bureau: 597 Avenue of Flags, Unit #101, 805.688.7829 and Solvang Visitor Center: 1639 Copenhagen Drive