Discover Santa Ynez Valley
Vineyards & Wineries
Santa Ynez Valley vineyards and wineries are the heart of Santa Barbara County wine country, and the place to be for wine tasting. Located is just two hours northwest of Los Angeles just off HWY 101, and four hours south of the San Francisco, on California’s Central Coast.
Explore 300 Santa Barbara County wineries
The Santa Ynez Valley is home to six distinct towns each with their own culture, vibe and menu of experiences. The greater Santa Barbara County wine region houses seven American Viticultural Areas (AVAs). Fertile vineyards and farms. Due to the region’s temperate weather, Santa Barbara County wine country offers year ‘round getaway activities to suit all budgets and palates for wine tasting and enjoyment.
Ballard | Buellton | Los Alamos | Los Olivos | Santa Ynez | Solvang
In Northern Santa Barbara County
About 9.5 million gallons of wine are produced annually, in Santa Barbara County at Santa Ynez Valley Vineyards and Wineries. You will find the second oldest appellation in the U.S. behind Napa.
- Lompoc, Sta. Rita Hills AVA stretches east to Buellton, producing some of Santa Barbara County’s most prized Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
- Ballard Canyon AVA lies just beyond the Sta. Rita Hills AVA, and borders the newest of these areas, the
Los Olivos District AVA.
- Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara AVA is on the eastern border of these AVAs. This range of grape-growing climate moves from cooler to slightly warmer as you travel west to east.
- Santa Barbara County wine country also has hidden-gem agricultural pockets such as the Los Alamos Valley vineyards. Here the Old West-meets-modern-foodie town of Los Alamos. Alisos Canyon AVA
- Santa Maria Bench, which rises inland from the Santa Maria Valley AVA.
Tasting Rooms in Santa Barbara County
Tasting your way through Santa Barbara County Wine Country’s many varieties – Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, plus Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Gris, Viognier, Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese and Riesling. Santa Barbara County in the Santa Ynez Valley rises to the food and wine occasion, with varied International and California cuisines and fine restaurants.