As of Friday, June 12th, the Santa Ynez Valley is open for leisure travel. We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the six distinct communities of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Solvang and Santa Ynez. Here’s a little of what to expect during your visit.
WHAT IS CURRENTLY OPEN IN THE SANTA YNEZ VALLEY?* (updated 7/1/20)
- Hotels & accommodations
- Restaurants, wine-tasting rooms and wineries all with outdoor service only
- Retail stores
- Public hiking trails and parks
- Golf courses
- Hair salons & barbershops
- Gyms & fitness facilities
*While the above businesses are allowed to re-open, some have adjusted hours, or are still in the process of reopening. Please check with individual businesses you wish to visit to confirm business hours, available services, and individual guidelines.
THE BASICS: REQUIREMENTS FOR SAFE TRAVEL
- All individuals* are required to wear a face mask when inside of, in line to enter, or when conducting business through a car window or walk-up counter with any businesses including but not limited to restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, supermarkets, laundromats, pharmacies, and government agencies. *Children ages 2 and under are exempt. Details on California’s mask mandate can be found here.
- A face mask must be worn when using public transportation, a private car service, or a ride-sharing vehicle.
- Please keep your distance and remain 6 feet apart at all times.
HEALTHY TRAVEL PRACTICES
- The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (or CDC) have advised travelers throughout the world to follow best-health practices any time when traveling, including:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
For local public health information, visit the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department: https://publichealthsbc.org/
CDC – U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advice to travelers:
U.S. Department of State – official travel advisories outside and within the U.S. are posted here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html