Deliberate. Historic. Sublime.
Winemaker Justin Willett and grower/owner James Ontiveros are at the top of their game with these Native9 Wines, a style Doug Wilder from the Purely Domestic Wine Report calls out as ‘extraordinary’ (10/2022) (rating the current wines 95-98 points.) Tours are conducted by Wes Hagen, who has grown and made wine in Santa Barbara for 30 years and researched and wrote most of the American Viticultural Areas in Santa Barbara History. Expect elegant, deliberate wines of time and place and a level of hospitality that will surprise and delight the wine newbie all the way to a Master Somm. Wine and Spirits Top 100 Wineries of the World: 2021.
Established in 1781. James Ontiveros’ ancestor, Josef Ontiveros came from Avila Spain, through Sinaloa, MX, Loreto, Baja and into San Diego and Los Angeles with the Reyes expedition in 1781. The family landed in Santa Maria in 1855, and farming, ranching, cattle and grapes have been part of their family since the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Come hear and taste the whole story.”
- @weshagen breaks down November in the vineyard. Why do vines go dormant? When can we prune? Find out and then co https://t.co/PRcRxVA4PI - 71 days ago
- James Ontiveros and Wes Hagen are ready for you to come and taste Native 9 wines, made by Justin Willett from old v https://t.co/s1HZuxG6No - 79 days ago
- Check out @weshagen describing the best wine tasting and tour in Santa Barbara right now. https://t.co/leZyE0ARID - 85 days ago
- Deliberate. Historic. Sublime. Weve created the best tasting and touring experience in Santa Barbara. Learn wi https://t.co/cQ0DN8MMzs - 94 days ago
- I'm thrilled to announce my new jobs at @LXVWine and https://t.co/hhKa2cjIfK . I am offering amazing vineyard walk https://t.co/OHomHZsIAh - 119 days ago