Spring is just around the corner and not only does that mean that an end to winter is finally in sight but it also means that it’s nearly time for your Easter holiday! To help you make the most of your time off,
Visit the Santa Ynez Valley has the perfect spring break vacation ideas. Our charming towns of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang know how to up the springtime celebrations, and love welcoming visitors for a weekend getaway in the Santa Ynez Valley.
If your spring break occurs between Wednesday, March 15 and Sunday, March 19, you’ll want to plan a Santa Ynez Valley visit for the 25th Annual Taste of Solvang, which features some delectable foodie festivities:
- Farmers Market Chef Walks: Solvang Farmers Market, Wednesday, March 15 @ 3:00 PM. Led by Solvang’s prominent farm-to-table chefs. Start with a guided stroll through the Market to find produce that will result in a unique gourmet experience comprised of that day’s haul.
- Blind Tasting Challenge: Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang, Thursday, March 16 at 6:00 PM. Taste four red wines, while learning to use wine knowledge and sensory skills to arrive at a final conclusion for each.
- Sip + Savor: Solvang Veterans Memorial Hall, Friday, March 17 from 7-9 PM. 25 of the best Santa Ynez Valley chefs, bakers, caterers, winemakers, and brewers present a smorgasbord of savory and sweet bites, wine, beer and cocktails, with live music from the Sean Wiggins Band.
- Tasting Trail: Saturday, March 18 from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Shop your way through Solvang as dozens of businesses welcome Trail guests with bite-sized edible treats. The Hans Christian Andersen Museum, the Elverhoj Museum of History & Art, and the Wildling Museum will all offer free admission for ticket holders.
- Solvang Wine & Beer Walk: Saturday, March 18 from 2-7 PM and Sunday, March 19 from 12-4 PM. Pair shopping with a refreshing sampling from over 15 wine tasting rooms, wine bars and beer bars.
- Buttonwood Farm Winemaker Dinner: Saturday, March 18 at 6:00 PM at Cecco Ristorante in Solvang. Join Chef David Cecchini and Buttonwood Farm Winery winemaker, Karen Steinwachs, for a locally-inspired, Italian-influenced gourmet dinner.
- Sunday Brunches: Sunday, March 19. Venture over to “The Backroom” at Valley Brewers for a whole new culinary experience as Starlight Kitchen’s artisanal spread plays with wine country-inspired savory dishes by The Chef’s Touch Catering and Valley Brewers expertly paired brews. Or let the culinary team at The Landsby treat your taste buds to their unique worldly flavors with a locally-sourced Sunday brunch in the Santa Ynez Valley-inspired dining room of the beautiful Mad & Vin.
Also available are the Weekend Pass and VIP packages. Make reservations now at hotels in Santa Ynez Valley as rooms fill up quickly.
Buellton Wine and Chili Festival
Check out the red-hot Buellton Wine and Chili Festival on Sunday, March 19 from noon until 4:30 p.m. at the beautiful Flying Flags RV Resort. Your ticket includes a souvenir glass, unlimited wine for those over 21, chili tastings, and live entertainment by The Caverns. You can even play bocce ball, horse shoes, table tennis, mega-sized beer pong and cornhole. Tickets are available for guests under 21 who just want to sample chili, and have a good time. Children under 12 are FREE, so bring the entire family to this certified International Chili Society Cook-off!
Spring Break Activities in the Santa Ynez Valley
Don’t miss these other Easter and spring break activities in the Santa Ynez Valley:
28th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza and Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, April 15 at 10:00 am. The Valley’s largest egg hunt is in Buellton at River View Park. After the hunt, enjoy activities, games, Easter crafts, a picture with the Easter bunny and more! Free.
Easter Egg Hunt: At Andrew Murray Vineyards in Los Olivos on Saturday, April 15 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The winery will host several games and activities culminating in the Easter Egg Hunt. After all the eggs are found, enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace while the kids play outside. There is a cost involved for this family event.
Easter Egg Hunt Party: At Kalyra Winery in Santa Ynez on Sunday, April 16, from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Kids can scour the property for eggs to redeem for chocolate, while adults hunt for eggs in the tasting room to redeem for 2 for 1 tastings, discounts on wine, and other fun prizes.
35th Annual Santa Barbara Vintners Spring Weekend: April 20-23, 2017. Visit up to twelve tasting rooms from Thursday through Sunday with an all-inclusive Vintners Visa Wine Country Tasting Pass. Many wineries also host their own events, including open houses, winemaker dinners, library tastings, vineyard walks, and barrel tastings. Events for Saturday, April 22 include: Santa Barbara Wine Seminar from 9:30-11:00 a.m. at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, Festival Grand Tasting from 1-4 p.m. at River View Park in Buellton, and the Big Bottle Bash, starting at 7:00 p.m., at K’Syrah, a new special event venue in downtown Solvang, featuring large format wines brought by guests and winery representatives paired with a delicious family style dinner.
Visit our website at VisitSYV.com before hopping on over to the Santa Ynez Valley for a listing of Santa Ynez hotels and Santa Ynez Valley restaurants. You’ll also find a complete listing of things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, or check out our suggestions for more Easter and spring break activities.
Happy Spring Break from Visit Santa Ynez Valley!
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.