Perfect Spring Break Vacation Ideas –
Spring is just around the corner and not only does that mean that an end to winter is finally in sight but it also means that it’s nearly time for your Easter holiday! To help you make the most of your time off.
Ballard | Buellton | Los Alamos | Los Olivos | Santa Ynez
Check back for updated information for 2023 Spring Break.
Enjoy springtime celebrations for a weekend getaway in the Santa Ynez Valley.
- Buttonwood Farm Winemaker Dinner: Saturday, March, Date TBD.
- Sunday Brunches: Sunday, date TBD.
Make reservations now at hotels in Santa Ynez Valley as rooms fill up quickly.
Buellton Wine and Chili Festival
Check out the red-hot Buellton Wine and Chili Festival, dates TBD. at the beautiful Flying Flags RV Resort. Your ticket includes a souvenir glass, unlimited wine for those over 21, chili tastings, and live entertainment by The Caverns. You can even play bocce ball, horse shoes, table tennis, mega-sized beer pong and cornhole. Tickets are available for guests under 21 who just want to sample chili, and have a good time. Children under 12 are FREE, so bring the entire family to this certified International Chili Society Cook-off!
Spring Break Activities in the Santa Ynez Valley
Don’t miss these other Easter and spring break activities in the Santa Ynez Valley:
Saturday, April at 10:00 am. The Valley’s largest egg hunt is in Buellton at River View Park. After the hunt, enjoy activities, games, Easter crafts, a picture with the Easter bunny and more! Free.
At Andrew Murray Vineyards in Los Olivos on Saturday, April from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The winery will host several games and activities culminating in the Easter Egg Hunt. After all the eggs are found, enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace while the kids play outside. There is a cost involved for this family event.
At Kalyra Winery in Santa Ynez on Sunday, April, from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Kids can scour the property for eggs to redeem for chocolate, while adults hunt for eggs in the tasting room to redeem for 2 for 1 tastings, discounts on wine, and other fun prizes.
April Date TBD. Visit up to twelve tasting rooms from Thursday through Sunday with an all-inclusive Vintners Visa Wine Country Tasting Pass. Many wineries also host their own events, including open houses, winemaker dinners, library tastings, vineyard walks, and barrel tastings.
Top 5 Things to do in March
March is about to spring itself upon us here at Visit Santa Ynez Valley. We hope you enjoyed the fun of ringing in the New Year here or spirited your honey away for a romantic Valentine’s Day interlude in one of our charming towns of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang. We find that most people who indulge in a weekend getaway in Santa Ynez want to come back again and again. And we can’t blame them!
The fun keeps coming in the merry month of March. The weather is feeling just about perfect, people are itching to get outside and enjoy some sun, and it’s St. Patrick’s Day to boot. If you’re thinking about putting together a Santa Ynez visit with the family, your partner, or your friends, here are our suggestions for the top five things to do in March in the Santa Ynez Valley:
- Some Like it Hot: For those who gastronomic tastes trend more toward the spicy end of the spectrum, make plans to be in town for the Buellton Wine and Chili Festival in March, at the beautiful Flying Flags RV Resort. Sample from over 30 wineries and 20 chili/salsa cooks. Your ticket includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited wine for those over 21, chili tastings, live entertainment by The Caverns, and more. You’ll even be able to play bocce ball, horse shoes, table tennis, mega-sized beer pong and cornhole to work off some of those calories! Tickets are also available for guests under 21 who want to sample chili, and have a good time, but these minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 12 are FREE, so bring the entire family!
- Enjoy a Laugh Riot: Enjoy comedy and concerts at the Chumash Casino Resort on Thursdays.
- See if You Can Find Some Irish Beer: While St. Patrick’s Day is usually all about the Guinness, there are a lot of terrific craft breweries in the Santa Ynez Valley. Three major players in California craft beer make their brews right here in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley wine country. In addition to outstanding breweries, a host of specialty tasting rooms, bars and restaurants offer international beer tastings. Plan your own Craft Beer trip throughout the Santa Ynez Valley using our SYV Craft Beer Trail Map.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day: You’ll be in luck with the rest of the great St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in Santa Ynez Valley. Rest assured there will be plenty of corned beef and cabbage, green beer, and toe-tapping music for your wee celebratin’. What could be more Irish than Fitzpatrick’s Tavern? Located in the center of Solvang, this pub and grill offers traditional and “not-so traditional” fare.
It doesn’t all have to be a big Irish celebration. You can enjoy plenty of wineries, outdoor activities, shopping, and art museums in Santa Ynez Valley any time of the year. It’s a lovely area and you are welcome here.
We may be Danish, but we like a bit of the Irish too! Before following the rainbow to Santa Ynez Valley in March, make sure you visit our website at VisitSYV.com first for listing of Santa Ynez hotels and Santa Ynez Valley restaurants. You can also find a complete listing of things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, or check out our suggestions for more St. Patrick’s Day activities. We are thrilled to share the Irish wonder of the Santa Ynez Valley with visitors to our area.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Visit Santa Ynez Valley!
Visit our website at VisitSYV.com before hopping on over to the Santa Ynez Valley for a listing of Santa Ynez hotels and Santa Ynez Valley restaurants. You’ll also find a complete listing of things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, or check out our suggestions for more Easter and spring break activities.
Happy Spring Break from Visit Santa Ynez Valley!
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.