Spend Thanksgiving in the Santa Ynez Valley
Thanksgiving is the traditional start to the holiday season, which makes it a very special time of year in the Santa Ynez Valley. Instead of putting all the stress on yourself this November, why not plan to spend Thanksgiving in the Santa Ynez Valley with your family and friends? Our charming towns of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang are ready to welcome you in style for a Thanksgiving Santa Ynez vacation.
VisitSYV.com offers a wealth of information about things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Ynez Valley restaurants, and Santa Ynez hotels and inns. Check out our suggestions below for restaurants, shops, tasting events and special Thanksgiving weekend events. We are always thankful for the wonderful visitors to our area.
Happy Thanksgiving from Visit Santa Ynez Valley!
Thanksgiving Dinner in the Santa Ynez Valley
Make reservations now to get your turkey on with some of these great Thanksgiving dining options in the Santa Ynez Valley:
- Thanksgiving Day Buffet at the SYV Marriott in Buellton: Choose from turkey, prime rib, or mahi mahi, and add all the fixings and stuffing you can eat! First seating at 11:00 a.m., last seating at 3:00 p.m. Adults $49, seniors $42, children 6-12 $29.95. Call 805-688-1000 for reservations.
- Root 246 in Solvang: 12-7pm. One of the most unforgettable dining experiences in Santa Ynez wine country, featuring the ultimate in farm-to-table cuisine. Entrée selection includes roast turkey, filet, steelhead trout and acorn squash. $70 per person, $25 per child. Call 805-686-8681.
- Mad & Vin at The Landsby in Solvang: The newest and most innovative hotel in the Santa Ynez Valley. Four-course dinner includes an entrée selection of all-natural turkey, beef short ribs, or herb-crusted local fish. $55 per person, $27 children 3-12. Call 805-688-3121.
- The Ballard Inn and Restaurant in Ballard: Surrounded by the picturesque vineyards and orchards of the Santa Ynez Valley, the restaurant will be open from 3-8 p.m. on Thursday, November 24, 2016, featuring a set five course menu, priced at $85-$125. Please call for inquiries and dinner reservations at 805-688-7770 (tax and gratuity are not included).
- First and Oak at the Mirabelle Inn in Solvang: First & Oak is considered the premier dining establishment in the Santa Ynez Valley, serving the best in local fresh fare. Enjoy a first-class dinner as Chef Steven Snook artfully prepares a sumptuous five-course dinner featuring First & Oak’s take on traditional Thanksgiving fare. 3:30-7:30 p.m. at $69 per person, excluding tax and service charge. Call 805-688-1703.
- Bacon & Brine in Solvang: Enjoy a special 4-course dinner menu priced at $65/person and $25/kids 3-12. 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 PM seatings available. Call 805-688-8809.
Thanksgiving Events in the Santa Ynez Valley
There are always plenty of Thanksgiving things to do in Solvang and the lovely towns of the Santa Ynez Valley:
- Private Barrel Tasting & Pairing at Figueroa Mountain Brew’s 6th Anniversary Party: Saturday, November 26 2016, beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. in Buellton. This year’s bottle release will be Figueroa Mountain’s 6th Anniversary Grand Cru Ale aged in apple-pear brandy, grape brandy and whiskey barrels sold in 22-ounce bottles for $18.99. In addition to the food items for sale in the beer garden, there will be several special offerings throughout the day. Unlimited cask tastings will be sold for $10 per wristband with 4 cask releases throughout the day. Wristband holders will also be eligible to win prizes such as a private beer pairing dinner for 10 with Chef Brian Champlin. Also special for this year is a 6th Anniversary Barrel Tasting & Pairing held in the upstairs mezzanine from 3-5 p.m. For $75.00 per ticket, guests will also receive a 6th Anniversary t-shirt and a 22-ounce bottle to take home with them. Attendees are encouraged to mingle with the brewers and learn all about the process of creating this year’s anniversary ale. 805-694-2252.
- Solvang’s Turkey Trot: After stuffing yourself with turkey, pie and other holiday goodies, come work it off with a “just for fun” 5K run/walk the day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 25. The event raises money for the local Salvation Army chapter. Starts at Sunny Fields Park in Solvang, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Early registration: $15 from October 21 – November 11; Late registration: $20 from November 12-25.
- Solvang Farmer’s Market: Get your Thanksgiving shopping done on Wednesday, November 24. This is a non-profit founded in 1983 to provide California farmers with direct access at landmark locations to market their agricultural products directly to the local community. Each week the farmers in the marketplace display a colorful bounty of agricultural products grown right in our backyard. Seasonal diversity is available year round rain or shine. On First Street in Solvang, every Wednesday from 2:30-6PM.
Get Ready for Christmas in the Santa Ynez Valley
Solvang is known for its delightful Christmas celebrations. Once you’ve experienced the joys of Santa Ynez Valley during Thanksgiving, you’re invited back to celebrate Solvang Julefest. Here is a preview of some of the holiday festivities we have planned:
- Friday, December 2, 5 PM: Julefest Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Saturday, December 3, 11 AM: Solvang Christmas Julefest Parade. After the parade: Children’s Performance – Christmas Play
- Saturday and Sunday, December 2-4 and December 10-11: Visit Santa Claus
- Saturday and Sunday, December 10-11, 11am-4pm: Julefest Wine & Beer Walk. Use your wine and beer tasting passport at more than 13 wine tasting rooms in Solvang. Buy your tickets
- Saturday, December 10 – Watch the Community Nativity Pageant. Free admission. Two shows: 5 PM & 7 PM at Solvang Festival Theater.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016: “Holiday Lights Tour” presented by Solvang Parks & Recreation Department.
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.