Looking for a winter escape? Then here are three top reasons to visit Santa Ynez Valley this February, from romantic activities and wine tasting to gorgeous, film-worthy scenery.
- February wine events
February is all about romance and there’s no better place to spend Valentine’s Day than in Santa Ynez Valley. Book a weekend getaway with your partner and enjoy a backdrop of sweeping ocean views, lush vineyards and majestic mountains. For the perfect romantic evening, visit one of the valley’s many wine-tasting rooms, take a vineyard tour or check out one of these special Valentine’s events:
- Valentine’s wine and chocolate pairing – sample delicious truffles and three half glasses of red wines at the Wandering Dog Wine Bar. Tastings take place from the 9th to the 15th February and cost $20 per person. Add cheese tasting for an additional $7.
- A Wine Fantasy in February – the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association is holding its 13th annual event for wine-lovers. A $55 wine fantasy passport gives you free tastings at each of the association’s 14 wine rooms, many of which are family-owned. Meet the winemakers, enjoy delicious free food and take away a souvenir wine glass.
- Valentine’s Day Wine Maker Dinner – enjoy a romantic evening at Sanford winery with a gourmet meal in the stunning West Barrel Room. Winemaker Steve Fennell will guide you through the meal and discuss the wines. Tickets cost $120 for club members and $150 for non-club members.
- Visit film locations in Santa Ynez Valley
The annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival takes place from February 1st to the 11th. This year, Visit SYV is proud to be sponsoring the World Cinema Series taking place at several theaters throughout the festival. VisitSYV will have a lounge in the so if you have a festival pass, drop by for our happy hours and after parties.
Film buffs at the festival know that the Santa Ynez Valley is a popular filming location for moviemakers because of its iconic Californian landscape of towering mountains, sparkling coastline and picturesque towns. Films set in Santa Ynez Valley include Sideways, Seabiscuit and the Gary Sinise adaptation of Of Mice and Men. Why not take a tour of these classic film locations throughout the valley this February?
- Romantic activities
If you’re visiting Santa Ynez Valley on a Valentine’s getaway, there are plenty more romantic activities on offer besides wining and dining. Try one of these:
- Hot air balloon rides – the year-round near perfect climate in Santa Ynez Valley, as well as light winds make it the perfect place for hot air ballooning. Take a romantic sunrise or sunset ride and float over vineyards and ranches.
- Horseback riding – Vino Vaqueros Horseback Riding offer guided rides through the hills and fields of Estelle Vineyards. Opt for a private ride for a romantic experience.
- Couples massage – pamper your loved one with a romantic couple’s massage or treatment at one of Santa Ynez Valley’s top Spas.
So what are you waiting for? Head to Santa Ynez Valley this February for some romance, wine and breathtaking views.
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.